Anique N.R. Samuel, Esq.
Immigration Defense Attorney
Ms. Anique Samuel is an Immigration Attorney at Alex Hanna Law, P.A., where she represents clients in removal proceedings as well as family-based petitions and naturalizations. Ms. Samuel was born and raised in the twin islands of Antigua and Barbuda, which is located in the Caribbean. She graduated from the John Jay College of Criminal Justice with a Bachelor of Science in Legal Studies and a minor in English. She earned her Juris Doctor from Florida Coastal School of Law.
While attending Florida Coastal School of Law, Ms. Samuel was able to polish her legal writing and advocacy skills by participating in the Human Rights and Immigration Clinic, which first piqued her interest in practicing Immigration law. Ms. Samuel received countless hours of hands-on experience by participating in her law school’s clinic as well as events such as “Citizenship Day.” Citizenship Day is a PRO BONO event held in Jacksonville, Florida, which provided free legal services to low-income families eligible to apply for U.S. citizenship. Her experience working in the immigration clinic was gratifying and further fueled her desire to practice immigration law.
Following law school, Ms. Samuel dedicated herself to sharpening her advocacy and communication skills by joining an immigration firm where she has focused on representing clients who have immigrated to the United States seeking refuge and reunification with their families. Growing up in an environment where a strong work ethic was stressed, Ms. Samuel understands the importance of working hard to achieve desirable results. In her spare time, she loves traveling, watching documentaries, and spending time with family and friends.
Veni, vidi, vici - “I came, I saw, I conquered” – Julius Caesar
Areas of Practice:
• Florida Coastal School of Law, Jacksonville, FL, J.D. (2017)
• John Jay College of Criminal Justice, New York City, New York, B.S. (2011)
Major: Legal Studies
Professional Associations and Memberships:
• The Minnesota State Bar Association, Member, (2019 - Present)
• AILA, Member (2016 - 2017)
• Association of Black Women Attorneys (ABWA), Member - 2020 - 2021
Achievements and Awards:
• Recipient of the PRO BONO Award presented by Florida Coastal School of Law (2017)
• The Minnesota State Bar Association, 2019 - Present
• Second Circuit Court of Appeals, 2019 - Present