Facing a criminal charge is an extremely serious matter. A misdemeanor or felony offense carries legal consequences such as jail time and/or probation, as well as significant consequences on one's personal life, career and immigration status for those who are not U.S. citizens.
At the Law Offices of Alex Hanna, P.A., Alex Hanna and his Team of Attorneys have defended thousands of clients throughout Florida. Alex Hanna and his Team of Attorneys have an arsenal of defense strategies and techniques to help defend your rights. Let US help YOU in providing a solid criminal defense! We are the helping friend YOU need! Call Alex Hanna Now!
Have You Been Charged With A Misdemeanor Offense?
We regularly represent clients charged with misdemeanors such as:
- Possession of cannabis
- Possession of drug paraphernalia
- Assault and battery
- Domestic violence
- Retail theft/shoplifting
- Petit Theft
If you have been charged with a misdemeanor offense, the maximum penalties you may face will depend on the degree of the misdemeanor.
In Florida, a first-degree misdemeanor is a criminal offense. This can result in up to one year in jail and fines up to $1,000.00. A second-degree misdemeanor is a lesser offense that can result in up to 60 days in jail and fines up to $500.00.
Have You Been Charged With A Felony, State or Federal?
Our firm also regularly represents clients charged with felony cases such as:
- Drug trafficking
- Possession of cocaine/controlled substance
- Theft including auto, grand, employee
- Aggravated battery
- Credit card fraud
- Medicare Fraud / Healthcare Fraud
- Real Estate Fraud
- Intent to Sell
- Drug Possession
- Cocaine / Marjuana
- White Collar Crimes
- State / Federal Criminal Cases
If you have been charged with a felony in Florida, you may face life imprisonment, the death penalty, or imprisonment in a state prison for a period of time longer than a year. The penalties you will face will depend on the degree of the felony.
- Capital felonies are criminal offenses punishable by life in prison or the death penalty.
- Life felonies cases are criminal offenses punishable by up to life in prison and up to $15,000 fine.
- First-degree felonies are criminal offenses punishable by up to 30 years in prison and up to $10,000 fine.
- Second-degree felonies are criminal offenses punishable by up to 15 years in prison and up to $10,000 fine.
- Third-degree felonies are criminal offenses punishable by up to five years in prison and up to $5,000 fine.
In addition, the law classifies certain repeat offenders as habitual offenders and mandates harsher, more severe penalties. Aggravating factors such as the use of a weapon during the commission of a crime and the age of the victim can also lead to more severe penalties.
Contact The Law Offices Of Alex Hanna Now! 305-883-7272 Or TOLL FREE 844-774-2662
Alex Hanna and his Team of Attorneys have handled criminal defense cases across the entire spectrum of criminal law. Alex Hanna and his Team of Attorneys are all dedicated to defending YOU, fighting for YOUR rights, and getting YOU the best possible outcome for your individual situation. You can also reach us online.
Free consultation. Convenient office locations.